ASEF Fellowship Program 2017
The American Slovenian Education Foundation (ASEF) fellowship program provides student financial support, allowing fellows to focus on their research. Fellowships build lasting relationships between ASEF and academic institutions. The purpose of the fellowship is to strengthen research and study exchange between Slovenia and the US with the objective of giving talented Slovenian students the ability to realize their potential to the fullest.
About the ASEF fellowship
The ASEF fellowship provides funding (travel, housing, and living expenses) for a 10 week summer research visit to a U.S. university or research institution in the area of applicant’s field of study/expertise.
Applications are open to full time Slovenian students enrolled in a higher education institution. Applications are open to Slovenian as well as Slovenian American students. A typical applicant is a senior undergraduate, masters, or junior PhD student.
The fellowship provides funding for a 10 week summer research visit to the following research groups:
- English Literature:
- Cleveland State University, prof. Gregory M. Sadlek.
- Political and social studies:
- Sheffield University, UK, prof. Peter Verovšek.
- Computer science:
- Evolutionary Biology:
- University of Cincinnati and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, prof. Mihaela Pavličev.
- Environmental policy and social sciences:
- University of Washington, Seattle, prof. Nives Dolšak.
- Computational and molecular biology:
- Virginia Commonwealth University, prof. Janina Golob Deeb.
- Mechanical Engineering:
- Princeton University, prof. Andrej Košmrlj.
More info: http://www.asef.net/fellowship/